Kerlink a specialist in solutions dedicated to the Internet of Things (IoT), announced its new LoRaWAN indoor gateway designed to help smart cities, factories, warehouses, and building owners and operators easily support the booming number of connected sensors and devices of massive IoT.
Kerlink’s Wirnet iZeptoCell
indoor LoRaWAN gateway is designed to support low-power wide-area networks (LPWAN) reliably and seamlessly. LoRaWAN technology is ideally suited to handle the three key characteristics of massive IoT:
- the huge number of individual endpoints,
- the increasing challenges for network coverage for widely dispersed endpoints or deep inside building installations, and
- the soaring amounts of data packages sent with low latency and small bandwidth.
The new gateway Wirnet iZeptoCell allows network operators and infrastructure owners to overcome the three main challenges common to deployment of customized and private indoor LoRaWAN networks designed for massive IoT:
- simple and quick installation in varied environments because of its compatibility with different sources of power,
- flexible backhaul versions with Ethernet or native LTE-M links, priced to accommodate customers’ different network configurations and
- strictly plug-and-play thanks to market leading key features like zero-touch provisioning, eliminating the need for users’ technical expertise.
Wirnet iZeptoCell is the perfect alliance between an innovative new hardware using the latest technologies, such as Sx1302, internal antennas and native cellular backhaul and Kerlink’s powerful software, currently installed on more than 70,000 gateways around the world.
The result is a gateway that addresses the demands of massive IoT, and which embodies Kerlink’s industrial-grade technical expertise with both superb radio performance and impressive product reliability.
The new LoRaWAN gateway Wirnet iZeptoCell was presented at Enlit Europe 2021 at the end of November, which is one of the largest trade fairs dedicated to energy transition and smartenergy solutions.